Παρασκευή 22 Απριλίου 2011

Reject Religion!

I have grown to despise religion. Or at the least, what it has become. That’s what most people have embraced when they consider themselves Christians. They have become religious! They go to church, wear the tee-shirts, place the little fish symbol on the back of their cars, and even get married in churches. For many, however, they are nothing more than just religious. There is nothing real about the faith they claim to have. There is nothing really different about their lives as a result of being religious. Yet they continue to embrace the very thing that has nothing to offer. Religion! One very real question might be then what does matter? I mean if religion is a waste of time, then what is it that would be worth pursuing? 


I remember once being in Jacksonville Florida during the Super Bowl. I was walking down the street when I noticed this guy walking down the street towards me. He wore a black t-shirt with big white leters that read simply….Reject Religion! I was offended by this because I had always considered myself to be a religious man. In fact, the closer he came the more I began to think that he ought to be told how heritical his shirt was. Then, out of no where, someone called his name. He turned to speak with a friend and I saw the back of his shirt which read….Embrace Christ! That moment, I would discover later, would literally change my life. As I began to process what I had just read on the shirt of someone who got it, I realized how long I had been living my life without a clue. The Apostle Paul once wrote in Colossions 2:8 says, “see to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy, empty deception, or the traditions of men…rather than according to Christ“. Consider that for a moment. Held captive by the things of men…that’s what religion has to offer. On the other hand, embracing the very real and authentic power of Christ….now that’s life changing. Reject Religion ~ Embrace Christ!


Source: http://themissionalcode.wordpress.com/2007/10/16/reject-religion/








Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου